Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pete Peevey's Skeleton Bones & Salsa

Best Blogger Tips
Won 2 Years in a row...# 1 SALSA!
                                                          
                                     
This was such a fun display to make for my salsa.  I found this headstone, skeleton and black tub at the dollar store.  It only cost $3.00 to make.  Everyone at the Halloween party loved the display and couldn't get enough of the chips and salsa.  One year, I was down in San Diego with my family and decided to make this salsa for everyone to snack on.  I made one batch and it was gone in 5 minutes!!  So, I made a double batch and it was gone in less than 20 minutes.  So, I had to run back down to the store and buy more ingredients.  In one weekend, I ended up making 10 batches for just a small group of people.  So, this recipe is a great recipe to have for a last minute idea for a party or something to snack on.  It's great over eggs and tastes great in your homemade tacos.  I am not sure what it is, but it is the freshest tasting salsa you will ever have and everyone will be coming back for more!


Salsa

Ingredients:
2 cans of diced stewed tomatoes
1 lime
1 clove of garlic
1 bunch of cilantro (de-stemed)
1 medium Jalepeno
1 Tbs. sugar

Directions:
In a blender add your 2 cans of stewed tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.  Blend until pureed.  Add your whole jalepeno and sugar.  Finally, squeeze one whole lime and add to salsa and blend.  Pour into container and refridgerate for one hour.  For hot and spicy salsa add one more jalepeno and clove of garlic.

                          

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I like the coffin idea for a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the salsa recipe I make myself. I prefer my salsa more pureed and less chunky!

    ReplyDelete